Monday, March 17, 2008

And Jodha Too!

And she argued, ``He has studied in Gujarati medium. I want someone from English background’’. Ok, this friend of mine is beautiful, a quality most sought after in arrange marriage. Traditionally, though a bit overage, but 30 is the new 21 to get married in this era. A diploma engineer by qualification, off course she had no reason to settle for anything less. I decided not to make a counter argument. And she continued, ``Why does it happen to us. Where r all the good, educated boys gone?. This time I was speechless. I had no idea where all the boys, who are perfect according to her, have gone. To change the mood, we went to Jodha-Akbar show.

Jodha-a princess, a beautiful princess. A woman that can win any man’s heart. But she was never given a chance to choose her husband. According to history she had been get engaged to a prince of another state by her father at very tender age.
I wonder if Jodha ever had the thought that’s often a cause of trouble for my friend-``Aisa mere saath hi kyun hota hai’’.

By the time engaged toddlers became man and woman, due to political reason marriage with Jodha was rejected by the family of her fiancé. Did Jodha say –why did it happen to me?????

Again, due to political reason she was married off to a Moghal Emperor Jalaludin Mohammed against her will. By now she must say, ``Why me”

As luck would have it, she fell in love with emperor and he too-who already had three wives- claimed to have madly in love with her. In an attempt to impress her love, Jodha-a hindu princess-learned Urdu. One fine day, she wrote his name in Urdu. She showed the board to emperor to read by himself, only to know that emperor couldn’t read or write.

``Y ME’’, I don’t know if Jodha said that. I took a look at my friend sitting next to me in a house full theater. What would be her reaction in a similar situation???.

















3 comments:

Kaushal said...

I hope you have completed the whole movie and didn't come out in interval. "If its not good then its not end" - hope you remember from OSO.
Jodha was happy in the end. She got the answer "Why me?". The answer is....."God knows better than you", have patience and don't consider it as an end of life unless its good.

Hiral Dave said...

hey here i have not taken any stand. i have jst narrated what i got to witness in a span of 4 hours. I do not say one should or shoundnt have that kinda feel.

Hiral Dave said...

but yes, i have tried to make a one point. If end's well doesnt mean the process or path was well too.
Or Vice Versa